The Top 10 Skateboarding Deck Brands


This list is our opinion and it isn't about the most popular, it's about the brands that are committed to skateboarding. 






10. Element
Founded by Johnny Schillereff
If you're a beginner than element is your choice. Great bored to practice on, not as much pop as other boards and have odd shapes, but they have a lot of concave. I personally don't like the feel of these decks.  



9. Zero
Founded in 1996 by Jamie Thomas
Zero have a very good pop quality. Their decks contain special technologies such as the shallow grave which helps riders pop the board well.I have had mines for over a year and it still hasn't snapped but a few chips.Though if your a beginner this deck is not for i recommend this for advance skaters.  



8. Enjoi 
Founded by Marc Johnson
I enjoy Enjoi (get it !!!). If your looking for a lightweight deck they're a got to. I would suggest them for them for an amateur, they're none to chip fairly easy.  



7. Girl
Founded in 1993 by Megan Baltimore, Mike Carroll, Rick Howard, Spike Jonze
Girl is putting full effort into their boards, and no dumb gimmicks. Good mellow pop, nice concave, good deck all around. A little on the weaker side.



6. Zoo York
Founded in 1993 by Rodney Smith, Eli Morgan Gessner, and Adam Schatz
It was the best board I ever had. It was durable and had awesome pop. Though I ride a Almost now, normally this is the type of board I will get again, fact this is one of my back ups now. The graphics are beautiful if your into abstract images. Not a long lasting deck, but not nearly a awful deck. 



5. Habitat
Founded in 2000 by Joe Castrucci
Habitat has amazing pop, if your looking deck you can keep forever, Get habitat it never looses pop. These decks are nice and stiff and will last for a long time. Highly recommended for both advance and newbies. 



4. Alien Workshop
Founded in 1990 by Chris Carter, Mike Hill, and Neil Blender
Alien is just Alien, I feel like they're in their own league. Their just great decks, nice concave, lots of pop, strong board that lasts a long time. 



3. Toy Machine
Founded in 1993 by  Ed Templeton
Another one of my back ups, marvelous pop and super lightweight. Toy Machine makes good 7 ply skateboard decks. They don't offer much new technologies or anything in their decks but their decks are good quality, and well made. The design are super creative and interesting.


  
2. Almost
Founded in  2003 by  Daewon Song, Rodney Mullen
This is my skateboard, my baby. Almost makes great designs like the impact and double impact models and they both have incredible pop. I had it for 6 months now, though i heard the pop disappear once the deck gets soggy, but so far so good for me. Recommended for people with heavy feat, flat footed, or wear heavy shoes. 



1. Real 
Founded in 1991 by  Tommy Guerrero and Jim Thiebaud
I was skating in Chandler Arizona a couple months back, I bought a Real Wrecking Crew from this shop called Cowtown. Sadly I only got to skate for 3 hours before my board was stolen. Best board I ever touch, it had superb construction, shape, pop, everything. I feel like its bad luck for me, that's the only reason i wont by another one.









And there you have it Nikial Apparel Top Ten Decks of 2014. Just pointing it out that everybody that really skate will pick a brand because of their quality and their shape and not because of popularity.

Written by Javon Lavar (@nikialapparel)


Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

CEO and Graphic Designer of Nikial Apparel.